Saturday, November 24, 2012

Mini Apple Pies

My Thanksgiving desserts had a theme: mini. I wanted to make individual, personal desserts. So along with my mini cheesecakes, I made mini apple pies. You can't have Thanksgiving without apple pie!

My Pinterest Pinspiration came from this Pinterest Pin. Recipe found here. 

Mini Apple Pie
Ingredients:
- Eight cups of apples (I used 7 large granny smith apples, it was about 3lbs of apples)
- 12 Tbsp of flour 
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 Teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of nutmeg (I used in between the two)
- 4 Tbsp of chilled butter (Cut into 24 equal  pieces)
- 2 boxes of Pillsbury Pie Crust (chilled not frozen)

This recipe makes about 24 mini Apple Pies.

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and Cut all the apples into 1/2 inch bits. Then mix in the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Make sure all the apples are evenly coated.
3. Grease a cupcake pan, then roll out the pie crust and cut circles to cover the bottom of the cupcake pan. I had to try a bunch of different circle sizes, and still think mine were too small.
4. Next fill each lined pie crust cavity with the apple filling. Then put 1/24 of the chilled butter on top of each pie.
5. Roll out the remaining dough, to create a cover for each pie. I cut little circles.
6. Place in the 400 degrees preheated oven for 18-22 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Once cooled down, top with some ice cream and enjoy!
 

Everyone loved these mini Apple Pies, and there was much less of a clean-up with individual pies. The only problem is between peeling and cutting all the apples, and rolling out the dough a few times, these pies seemed to take forever. So they were very, very tasty, just pretty time consuming. It's a Pinterest Success, but I'm not sure if I will ever make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment