Saturday, December 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

For this week of Christmas cookies, I made one other Pinterest cookie. Since I love my sweets and I eat too many cookies, I only tried out two recipes.

My sister use to love to make these cookies at Christmas time, and I use to love to eat them. So I tried my luck with this Pinterest pin, Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies:

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies (Makes about 30ish):

- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
- 30 chocolate kisses, unwrapped (I had about 36 cookies, so I needed a few more kisses)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. Mix peanut butter and butter until smooth with an electric mixer, or stand. Add brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Slowly add in the dry ingredients.
3. Place granulated sugar on a plate. Roll about 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball, then roll into the sugar. Place on cookies sheets, 2 inches apart.
4. Bake until the cookies begin to puff up, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, gently press in chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Then return to the oven and bake for about 2 to 3 minutes, until cookies are golden and cholocate is soft.
5. Let cool on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
6. Then Enjoy!

These cookies are amazing, just as good as when my sister makes them! This was a Christmas tradition success and of course a Pinterest Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment